httpd-dev mailing list archives

From <...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server core.c Makefile.in connection.c
Date Sun, 04 Mar 2001 20:33:05 GMT

> > > You mean that out of all of the multitudinous areas you care
> > > about, there is not even *one* that does not require such massive
> > > changes and high probability of breaking the build?  That you
> > > could work on without disrupting other people's efforts?
> >
> > Please do not tell me how much/and what I care about.
>
> Huh?  *You* said it, not I.

Yes, I made the statement that this is what I care about.  You then
suggested that I should not work on it, in favor of something else that I
care about.  I am telling you that this is what I care about currently.
There is no other work I wish to do right now.

> > I moved a bit of code from one location to another.  I didn't
> > modify ANY code at all, I just moved it.  I do not believe that
> > I have disrupted other people's work
>
> Um, David has already had to fix something, has he not?  You

David had to fix something completely unrelated to this change.

> admit that the Windows build would almost certainly be broken
> by your change.  That it was not is excellent.  But any platforms
> for which the build is broken will require someone to turn
> away from whatever else it may be working on in order to
> fix it.
>
> > although I am close to making it possible for people who want
> > to work on protocol modules to be able to do so without needing
> > to have the http module.
>
> As I said in the beginning, I question whether that should be
> a goal for the first beta.
>
> Even if it did not break the build, a change of this magnitude
> should be reviewed.  Which takes time.  Which delays the beta.
> I think it should have waited until we had beta 1 out.  That is all.

That is your opinion, and you should feel free to back out the change, if
you so choose.  Assuming that you do not, I plan on continuing to work on
this, because it is what I care about right now.

Ryan
406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131