httpd-dev mailing list archives

From <...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server core.c Makefile.in connection.c
Date Sun, 04 Mar 2001 17:06:53 GMT
On Sun, 4 Mar 2001, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> rbb@apache.org wrote:
> >
> >   Log:
> >   Move more code from the http module into the core server.  This
> >   is core code, basically the default handler, the default input
> >   and output filters, and all of the core configuration directives.
> >   All of this code is required in order for the server to work,
> >   with or without HTTP.  The server is closer to working without
> >   the HTTP module, although there is still more to do.
>
> I question whether this is stuff for which the first beta needs
> to be delayed.  In other words, I think this sort of massive
> code upheaval should wait until we have beta 1 out.

Who said I was delaying a beta?  There are other issues that are delaying
a beta.  I am just continuing to work.  AFAIK, there are still a few seg
faults that are being tracked down, and some logging problems that are
delaying a beta.

I have no desire to tackle those problems, so I am working on what I do
care about.  I am working quite hard to ensure that I don't break the
build, although since I am creating new files, the windows build is
undoubtable broken  (I tried to keep it working, but I have no place to
test it).

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131