httpd-dev mailing list archives

From <...@covalent.net>
Subject [VOTE] ap_r* model.
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2001 17:20:23 GMT

I have asked for people to vote on this subject informally, and it never
gets anywhere, because nobody responds.  To that end, and because I want
closure on this, I am calling for a formal vote now.

How do we implement ap_r?

	[ ]  As a macro wrapper around ap_f* and the r->bb brigade
	[ ]  Using the OLD_WRITE filter

The advantages and disadvantages of each of these models has been
discussed on this list for weeks.  I can give a brief synopsis, or people
can check the archives.  People on this list should be able to answer any
questions about the two models, so that there is no confusion when people
vote.

As of right now, I have:

	macros & r->bb:   	rbb wrowe
	OLD_WRITE:		gstein

Based on that data, the vote is open until March 4th at 10:00 am.  If the
vote doesn't change before then, I will commit the macro changes, based on
the current voting.  If the vote does change, then I will either leave the
code alone, or make the appropriate change.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131