httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <cliffwool...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: mod_cgid and suexec
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2001 21:37:50 GMT
On Wed, 7 Mar 2001, Greg Ames wrote:

> It would be nice to prove that our dir_cleanup seg fault is really gone.

I suppose this isn't "100% proof"... but I think it's pretty easy to
logically see that what was happening was that the directory would be
cleaned up the first time by apr_dir_close(), but that the cleanup would
fail because it was a bogus directory to begin with (as in one of the
corefiles where the directory is something like '/?Q=A/').  Since the
first cleanup failed, the cleanup was never unregistered, meaning that it
would get run AGAIN when the pool got cleaned up.  Blammo, segfault.
Bill fixed this by unregistering the cleanup in apr_dir_close() regardless
of its success or failure when called directly.  Makes sense to me.

<shrug>

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com