httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <cliffwool...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr/network_io/os2 sendrecv.c
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2001 15:41:34 GMT
On Wed, 7 Mar 2001 rbb@covalent.net wrote:

> Mod_include is working correctly, as is the content-length filter, in all
> of my tests.  The only time I don't get chunked responses for the
> content-length, is if I don't put "Transfer-Encoding: chunked" in the
> request headers.

Hrm... I was under the impression that "Transfer-Encoding: chunked" means
that the *request* is chunked.  "TE: chunked" means that the *response*
may be chunked.  Does the server not send a chunked response unless the
client sent a chunked request?  Surely not, since many requests don't have
bodies to chunk in the first place.

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com