httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <cliffwool...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: apache 2.0.11 - tag 2.0.12?
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2001 01:30:56 GMT
On Mon, 5 Mar 2001, Brian Havard wrote:

> I thought so too but no, it's still there. However I just noticed that it
> works ok if the request is for HTTP/1.0. It only breaks on HTTP/1.1 so I'm
> thinking perhaps the chunk filter or something it uses (like
> apr_brigade_split) is broken. I'll try to find some time to step through
> the code & figure it out.

apr_brigade_split() is pretty simple... but I wouldn't be surprised if the
chunk filter has an issue hiding somewhere.

I worked a week or so ago on cleaning up the logic in the chunk filter so
that I could understand it myself (and to get rid of some unnecessary
layers of logic), but I didn't get a chance to finish and check it in
before other things got in the way.  I'll go fish around and try to find
that copy of my tree and get back to it.  =-)

Anyway, at least we now have something to go on... the case where it fails
is non-MMAP systems on HTTP/1.1.  The key part of the non-MMAP case is
that file_read() ends up reading in the file into many 8KB heap buckets.
If the thing fails on files >64KB, that's >8 calls to file_read(),
obviously.

We're getting close, I can smell it.  ;-]

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com
   Charlottesville, VA