httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cynic <cy...@mail.cz>
Subject RE: Apache regular expressions
Date Sun, 04 Mar 2001 01:12:59 GMT
Lars,

I didn't mean I wanted you people do such a huge change in the
1.3 cycle. :) Though I must admit PCRE (if I could just plug it
in) would have saved me some headache caused by trying to grok
mod_rewrite to see whether it could scratch my itch. Note that
30+ hrs in front of a computer & 4 liters of coffee down the
throat doesn't help to speed up the process either. :)

Anyway, I was just curious wheter there were any plans to use
something along the power of PCRE in 2.0. I am very pleased
it is used in the new httpd. Hurry up, guys, I need assertions.

:))

At 23:55 3.3. 2001, Lars Eilebrecht wrote the following:
>According to Cynic:
>
>>  It seems like the regexp library used in 1.3 doesn't know
>>  assertions. Was it discussed to used something more powerful?
>>  PCRE comes to mind...
>
>-1 on changing the regex lib in 1.3
>+1 for 2.0
>

>ciao...
>--
>Lars Eilebrecht                - All probabilities are really 50%.
>lars@hyperreal.org          - Either a thing will happen or it won't.
------end of quote------

Cynic:

A member of a group of ancient Greek philosophers who taught
that virtue constitutes happiness and that self control is
the essential part of virtue.

cynic@mail.cz