httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Ames <>
Subject Re: daedalus apache-2.0 problem
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2001 03:29:12 GMT
Greg Ames wrote:
> core dump #12 is another newer one.

...and so are core dump #14 and 15.  Both have signs of header
truncation (less headers in r->headers_in than the apparent input

In #14, there's 4 Accept: headers in what looks like the input buffer,
containing huge numbers of acceptable mime types.  Input buffer Accept
header #4 looks fubar toward the end.  The Accept: header in
r->header_in does not have all of the same mime headers you see in what
I'm guessing was the input buffer.

#15 is simpler. r->headers_in is empty, but the request says it's
HTTP/1.0 .  bzzzzt - wrong.  Searching the core dump with vi for the
URI, I find:

GET /jetspeed/site/images/logo.gif HTTP/1.0^M
Connection: Keep-Alive^M

The first Host: header looks right - that file does exist on  After that, who knows.  The second Host: header is
probably residual.

Jeff suggested earlier that we stash away the input buffer somewhere if
we're built in debug mode.  I think that's a great idea.

View raw message