httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: No net access right now.
Date Sun, 11 Mar 2001 19:22:39 GMT
Greg Stein wrote:

> From your log, it would appear that an expat header file was
> found in /usr/include

No.

> but the corresponding library is not in /usr/lib. Either you
> have an inconsistency (partial install)

No.  There is some expat stuff in /usr/local/include, put there
as part of a full PHP4 install.  It is not partial.

> there is a bug in our detection of an already-installed expat

This looks like the prime candidate.

> and/or we need to make our detection of the system expat smarter
> (e.g. don't assume a lib exists just because we saw the
> header, maybe other combos of installations, etc)

Uh huh.

The full buildconf/configure/make log is attached.  (Some
cosmetic wrapping added for readability.)  This was
done on a completely vanilla checkout of HEAD for httpd-2.0,
apr, and apr-util.  (Edited on Windows, so it may have
the DOS format..)
--
#ken    P-)}

ApacheCon 2001!
Four tracks with over 70+ sessions. Free admission to exhibits
and special events - keynote presentations by John 'maddog' Hall
and David Brin. Special thanks to our Platinum Sponsors IBM and
Covalent, Gold Sponsor Thawte, and Silver Sponsor Compaq.  Attend
the only Apache event designed and fully supported by the members of
the ASF. See more information and register at <http://ApacheCon.Com/>!