httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul J. Reder" <rede...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Content-Length Woes.
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2001 15:44:51 GMT
Brian Havard wrote:
> It's better (kinda) though now it sends a possibly incorrect content length
> (and doesn't chunk) if there are no tags in the first 9k of the shtml. I
> don't see how any response that goes through the include filter can have a
> content length header unless the entire response is in a single brigade.
> mod_include needs to kill the C-L as soon as it sends a partial response
> down the stack.

mod_include kills the C-L as soon as it knows it has a full SSI tag. It may
have split and sent brigades down before this if it has parsed more than the
threshold number of bytes (or if the response spans brigades).

I can change the code to clear the C-L prior to sending anything down, but
I seem to recall that there was a request to clear the C-L only if an SSI
was found to avoid recalculating the C-L when there was no SSI tags.

--
Paul J. Reder
-- Albert Einstein