httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul J. Reder" <rede...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr/network_io/os2 sendrecv.c
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2001 14:35:57 GMT
Cliff Woolley wrote:
> I'm not positive, but I *might* have seen this happening as well on my
> Linux box.  I was testing with some 128kb server-parsed files to try to
> reproduce the original problem, and I couldn't for the life of me get it
> to use chunked TE.  It always came back with a content-length.  To even
> try it with chunking on, I had to hack the server to ignore the
> content-length even if it had one.

Currently mod_include deliberately unsets the content-length as soon as it has
identified an SSI tag to process. Is a filter supposed to set a chunked flag
to encourage possible chunked processing?

In any event, the content-length should be unset if an SSI tag is found so
no server hacking should be required for SSI responses.

--
Paul J. Reder
-- Albert Einstein