httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server core.c Makefile.in connection.c
Date Sun, 04 Mar 2001 18:42:51 GMT
rbb@covalent.net wrote:

> Who said I was delaying a beta?

I do.

> I have no desire to tackle those problems, so I am working on
> what I do care about.  I am working quite hard to ensure that
> I don't break the build, although since I am creating new files,
> the windows build is undoubtable broken  (I tried to keep it
> working, but I have no place to test it).

You mean that out of all of the multitudinous areas you care
about, there is not even *one* that does not require such massive
changes and high probability of breaking the build?  That you
could work on without disrupting other people's efforts?

You just delivered up a quarter-megabyte of diffs.  That is
a lot to digest, and you admit yourself that it broke the
build on other platforms, including but possibly not limited to
Windows.  Which means other people have to stop working on
what *they* care about, possibly some of those beta-delaying
issues you mentioned, in order to clean up after *you*.

That is either inconsiderate, thoughtless, or selfish.  Or is
there another explanation?
--
#ken    P-)}

ApacheCon 2001!
Four tracks with over 70+ sessions. Free admission to exhibits
and special events - keynote presentations by John 'maddog' Hall
and David Brin. Special thanks to our Platinum Sponsors IBM and
Covalent, Gold Sponsor Thawte, and Silver Sponsor Compaq.  Attend
only Apache event designed and fully supported by the members of
the ASF. See more information and register at <http://ApacheCon.Com/>!