httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server core.c Makefile.in connection.c
Date Sun, 04 Mar 2001 16:27:37 GMT
rbb@apache.org wrote:

>   Log:
>   Move more code from the http module into the core server.  This
>   is core code, basically the default handler, the default input
>   and output filters, and all of the core configuration directives.
>   All of this code is required in order for the server to work,
>   with or without HTTP.  The server is closer to working without
>   the HTTP module, although there is still more to do.

I question whether this is stuff for which the first beta needs
to be delayed.  In other words, I think this sort of massive
code upheaval should wait until we have beta 1 out.
--
#ken    P-)}

ApacheCon 2001!
Four tracks with over 70+ sessions. Free admission to exhibits
and special events - keynote presentations by John 'maddog' Hall
and David Brin. Special thanks to our Platinum Sponsors IBM and
Covalent, Gold Sponsor Thawte, and Silver Sponsor Compaq.  Attend
only Apache event designed and fully supported by the members of
the ASF. See more information and register at <http://ApacheCon.Com/>!