httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: over-aggressive redirection in mod_dir
Date Sat, 03 Mar 2001 13:13:07 GMT
Greg Stein wrote:

> I just added a task to STATUS, but I'm not sure that I parsed
> your statement above properly. Here is what is now in STATUS:
>
>     * mod_dir should normally redirect ALL directory requests which do
>       not include a trailing slash on the URI. However, if a "notes"
>       flag is set (say, via BrowserMatch), this behavior will be
>       disabled for non-GET requests.
>         MsgId: <20010227104646.E2297@lyra.org>
>         MsgId: <3A9C0097.9C83F07C@Golux.Com>
>
> Does that match your thoughts, Ken?

Sort of.  In metatext, what I meant was:

"mod_dir should normally redirect ALL directory requests which do
not include a trailing slash on the URI.  However, if an
environment variable is set (such as by BrowserMatch), and the
method is other than HEAD or GET, mod_dir should treat the request
as though the slash had been included."

Is that any more parseable? :-)
--
#ken    P-)}

ApacheCon 2001!
Four tracks with over 70+ sessions. Free admission to exhibits
and special events - keynote presentations by John 'maddog' Hall
and David Brin. Special thanks to our Platinum Sponsors IBM and
Covalent, Gold Sponsor Thawte, and Silver Sponsor Compaq.  Attend
only Apache event designed and fully supported by the members of
the ASF. See more information and register at <http://ApacheCon.Com/>!