httpd-dev mailing list archives

From GOMEZ Henri <hgo...@slib.fr>
Subject RE: 1.3 & c++ DSO
Date Wed, 28 Feb 2001 23:45:29 GMT
>> "we have an Apache module that we use here.
>> It uses c++.  so, on FreeBSD, the libstdc++.so registers an atexit
routine
>to perform cleanup.
>> we don't link stdc++ statically instead we use LoadFile.

I've trying to make Xalan-C 1.1 also written in C++ with
Apache 1.3.17.

Questions:

Did you know if the libstdc++.so on Linux (Redhat) use the same
strategy (and so need the same correction) ?

Also Xalan-C 1.1 is linked with lpthread which make Apache 1.3.17
SIGSEGV at startup. Any patch around or did I have, as recommanded
Rasmus Lerdorf (php) :

"
I think you are hitting the known glibc-2.1.x bug which rears its ugly
head when you have an executable which is not linked against libpthreads
which does a dlopen() on a shared library which is linked against
libpthreads.  If you simply link your httpd against libpthreads it should
sort itself out.  ie. LIBS=-lpthreads
"