httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/modules/cache mod_file_cache.c
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2001 21:40:23 GMT
On Wed, Mar 28, 2001 at 01:20:47PM -0500, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> Greg Stein <gstein@lyra.org> writes:
>
> > Should mod_file_cache simply punt if neither APR_HAS_SENDFILE nor
> > APR_HAS_MMAP is available?
>
> punt as in "#error mod_file_cache only works on systems with
> APR_HAS_SENDFILE and APR_HAS_MMAP" ?

That might be a bit heavy, but I'm not opposed to that plan.

At a minimum, just have the module not register its hooks.

> >                            Does the module provide useful service without
> > either of those?  (e.g. caching open file handles?)
>
> not currently

Ah. Then definitely insert something. Otherwise, it would seem that we might
erroneously attempt to cache something, when we don't even support caching
:-) Or, at least, give the impression that caching is available when it
really isn't.

Oh. Hmm. #error is the best. We don't want a non-functional module in there,
with directives available, thus misleading a person that the functionality
is available.

Cheers,
-g

--