httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory A Lundberg <lundberg+apach...@vr.net>
Subject Re: I just have to ask
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2001 02:30:01 GMT
> Below is the first pragraph from current document sitting at...
> http://httpd.apache.org/dist/Announcement.txt

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is not the apache-announce mailing list
supposed to make it so we don't have to check the Apache web site daily to
see if you happened to have cut a release?

Given the Apache group's track record over the past year or so, I guess I
am wrong.

I would suggest it is time someone updated the Apache web site to remove
the claim that announcements will be emailed to via apache-announce.  If
you don't close the mailing list down completely, you should make it clear
that the announcements will be calls for papers, meeting announcements, or
whatever, and that users should check the web site daily if their only
concern is knowing when a new "official" version is made available.

--

Gregory A Lundberg              Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              lundberg+apache@vr.net