httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: No net access right now.
Date Sat, 10 Mar 2001 22:01:01 GMT
On Sat, Mar 10, 2001 at 03:20:41PM -0500, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
> FWIW, it is not building for me on Linux (RH 6.2).
> Everything is dynign because libexpat cannot be
> found.  This is after 'make clean' and even after
> a completely vanilla checkout..  Here is the log.
> Am I missing something obvious?  (Wrapping added by
> me for ease of reading..)

>From your log, it would appear that an expat header file was found in
/usr/include, but the corresponding library is not in /usr/lib. Either you
have an inconsistency (partial install), there is a bug in our detection of
an already-installed expat, you *do* have the library but not as
/usr/lib/libexpat.*, and/or we need to make our detection of the system
expat smarter (e.g. don't assume a lib exists just because we saw the
header, maybe other combos of installations, etc)

Could you post the portion of your config trace from apr-util where it shows
the searching for expat? I'm assuming that it will look something like:

  :
checking for chosen DBM type... sdbm (default)
checking for Expat in /usr... yes
  :

> I have not been following this at all, but is not
> two '-pthread' and six '-export-dynamic' a little
> excessive? :-)

Dunno about the two -pthread thingies. Probably because Apache is still
doing some thread checking, in addition to getting thread stuff from
APRVARS.

The -export-dynamic thing is a known problem and is listed in STATUS to be
fixed. Should be an easy fix, but it just needs to be done and tested.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/