httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 configure.in
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2001 13:46:24 GMT
On Thu, Mar 08, 2001 at 02:10:37PM -0600, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> [...]

Nope. I had everything lined up to do this, but wanted to wait for Windows
to get its Expat build process done. Once that happened, then I could flip
the Unix side of the build and toss srclib/expat-lite.

I probably could have done the switch, and the tossing of srclib/expat-lite
separately. Just didn't choose to.

And I ain't no putz :-) ... I was doing it in stages to ensure that we
didn't have a Unix / Windows build sync problem. It woulda really sucked for
you if I went and deleted expat-lite before you did the Windows expat build
stuff :-)

Now that you've done a ton of work in xml/expat, I'm going to propagate a
bunch of that work back to the main Expat repository (along with Ryan's
compiler warning patches). The ideal is for xml/expat to look just like the
standard Expat CVS. However, we may always end up with a different Windows
build (for example: you're only building static, but the official CVS needs
to build DLLs). I know that I can get the Unix side in sync between
httpd-2.0 and Expat's CVS.

Cheers,
-g

--