httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Kraemer <Martin.Krae...@Fujitsu-Siemens.com>
Subject Re: [Testing Needed] RC4 1.3.19-win32 binaries available
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2001 16:36:47 GMT
* +1, it installs (and uninstalls!!!) very smoothly (tested on Win2k).
* it leaves some registry keys behind (nothing tragic).
* it leaves the log files and config files behind after uninstall.
  The log files *might* be a problem if they are big, OOTH it's
  nice to preserve them across version upgrades. It's not so good
  to leave the config installed, as a new version might bring an updated
  httpd.conf (possibly with security fixes!) which would not overwrite
  the installed version, right? Maybe, if you preserve it, you might
  rename it to httpd.conf-1.3.19 on uninstall (and remove the
  httpd.default.conf and the srm/access.conf entirely?).

Looks good, feels good, I'd +1 it (if someone with a Win9x tests it too).

Thanks,

  Martin

--
<Martin.Kraemer@Fujitsu-Siemens.com>    |       Fujitsu Siemens