httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Kraemer <Martin.Krae...@Fujitsu-Siemens.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/main http_main.c
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2001 16:13:29 GMT
On Sat, Mar 03, 2001 at 12:36:35AM -0000, David Reid wrote:
> There's no way that such a large patch would be applied to the 1.3 tree
> without a very serious and thorough review.  I'm sure a lot of us have
> looked at the patch, I know Jeff has spent a good wile with it, and I doubt
> there is anyone here who would feel comfortable applying it at the moment.

I already spent some time reviewing it (otherwise I would not have
proposed adding it), and a colleague of mine is busy streamlining it, and
filling the gaps which were missing (some are mentioned in the README).
Of course, it is not perfect yet, as everyone will have noticed, but
IMHO it will never get any better unless we make the step and add it.

Luckily, we can disable it (by not setting INET6), so the key
prerequisite would be that IPv4 functionality is kept "unharmed" with
KAME disabled. Without that guarantee, I would veto it, too.

   Martin
--
<Martin.Kraemer@Fujitsu-Siemens.com>    |       Fujitsu Siemens
       <martin@apache.org>              |   81730  Munich,  Germany