httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Kraemer <Martin.Krae...@Fujitsu-Siemens.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 acinclude.m4 Makefile.in
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2001 22:39:48 GMT
On Fri, Mar 02, 2001 at 03:46:26PM -0000, gregames@apache.org wrote:
> gregames    01/03/02 07:46:23
>
>   Modified:    .        acinclude.m4 Makefile.in
>   Log:
>   fix make install so that suexec is installed where the server expects to
>   find it ( <prefix>/sbin by default).
>
>   also enable ./configure --sbindir=DIR to work as advertised.

While you're at it: whose idea wa it to default to /usr/local as the
installation prefix? I almost ruined my system when I first tried a
"make install" and it wrote into /usr/local/libexec, /usr/local/bin,
and generated all these funny other directories within /usr/local.
Nobody who tries 2.0 for the first time expects that.
I vote for /usr/local/apache.

   Martin
--
<Martin.Kraemer@Fujitsu-Siemens.com>    |       Fujitsu Siemens