httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Forest Come-Peace <fore...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: some reasons why Apache 2.0 threaded is slower than prefork
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2001 21:15:12 GMT
Multi-threaded programming is definately a challenge
and often times programmers didn't realize that their
design has a potentil of running into a risk of
creating dead-lock. Don't be too happy when your
multi-threaded program actually run.

And yes, there are two known methods of achieving
inter process synchronization--lock and message
passing are the two currently known methods of
achieving inter process synchronization that would
preserve the program logic. Anybody out there known of
any good debugging tool that would let the programmer
do timing analysis and also thread safe analysis on
the program like the capability of analysing the basic
block of a program? Thanks