httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: over-aggressive redirection in mod_dir
Date Sat, 03 Mar 2001 01:09:20 GMT
On Tue, Feb 27, 2001 at 02:31:35PM -0500, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
> So we MAY accept "foo" instead of "foo/", and SHOULD emit a
> content-location field if we do, and Web Folders SHOULD include
> the trailing slash in the first place.
>
> Note that this is a convention, however, and not a rule.
> "foo" != "foo/" -- but it MAY be treated as though it were.
>
> It is not quite as black&white as I thought it to be.  I change
> to +1 for the configurable behaviour with the default being the
> treatment as equivalence, and -0 for forcing that treatment by
> fiat in all cases.

I just added a task to STATUS, but I'm not sure that I parsed your statement
above properly. Here is what is now in STATUS:

    * mod_dir should normally redirect ALL directory requests which do
      not include a trailing slash on the URI. However, if a "notes"
      flag is set (say, via BrowserMatch), this behavior will be
      disabled for non-GET requests.
        MsgId: <20010227104646.E2297@lyra.org>
        MsgId: <3A9C0097.9C83F07C@Golux.Com>

Does that match your thoughts, Ken?