httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Telnet char-at-a-time problem still exists?
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2001 06:05:39 GMT
Folks,

  I really think this is a showstopper for 2.0 - unless folks can test
the server feeding characters at a time, we are broken.  I see no problem
with setting a timeout for the complete request to be assembled (to avoid
DNS attacks) but the current situation seems pretty intollerable.

  I was just closing a bugreport that required me to check the contenttype
of a file, so I tried telnet to HEAD that file, and it pretends I don't
exist (no response.)  It took me 1/2 hour to remember this bug.

  Did someone start working out the fix?

Bill