httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject dbmmanage
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2001 03:27:09 GMT
While we are doing this 'right'...

package dbmmanage;
#                               -ldb    -lndbm    -lgdbm    -lsdbm
BEGIN { @AnyDBM_File::ISA = qw(DB_File NDBM_File GDBM_File SDBM_File) }
use strict;
use Fcntl;
use AnyDBM_File ();

Really, let's get this right.  It isn't anyfile in order that they are built
into the Perl distro!  This is whatever was built into either mod_auth_dbm or
mod_auth_db.  Can we get the subst var for the right dbm package?  And if
they build auth_db, perhaps we write this file as dbmanage , so the user will
conceivably have both if they build both auth_db and auth_dbm?

This is tricky if they use apu_dbm.  We are 'using' apr-util, so we need to
learn what apr-util used.  But we have enough make hackers to get this right
finally, after a few years (see bugs. for several reports :-)

Bill