httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <ad...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] ap_r* model.
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2001 22:19:52 GMT
From: "Rodent of Unusual Size" <Ken.Coar@Golux.Com>
Sent: Friday, March 02, 2001 2:28 PM

> "William A. Rowe, Jr." wrote:
> >
> > OLD_WRITE filter can be blown away not paying attention to
> > filter ordering.
>
> Except that it would require conscious intent to accomplish
> this, with Greg's internal-filter fix.

We discussed the possibility of having a SetFilter +/-n option
to reorder hook ordering (at least in the context of handler
order.)  This is to accomplish a fix where the user wants to load
three modules or filters (for example, first dbm, then basic,
then anon) and force them to reorder.

If we do this for filters (which we will someday discover we
must, for similar reasons) then the user will be able to bump
up the ordering of any filter.  Bump a little too much, and the
ordering is now scrambled.

Bill