httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "David Reid" <dr...@jetnet.co.uk>
Subject Re: How to link...
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2001 01:18:51 GMT
I've done some work on an early version of Brian's patch but need to do
more.  Basically BeOS is a bit of a PITA for shared libraries as it requires
that ALL symbols be resolved at build time, and if they're not it won't load
the .so, failing with no error. :(

Once I get some more net connectivity (currently in a hotel room in Ghana
with a 21.6 k connection when it decides to connect!) I'll sync up and try
to do more work on it.

FWIW there has been a positive reaction in the Be community to rolling our
own libtool, or at least looking at alternatives so I'll be trying to look
at Jeff's and Brian's sometime soon.

david

If I