httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <ad...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] ap_r* model.
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2001 15:22:24 GMT
From: <rbb@covalent.net>
Sent: Friday, March 02, 2001 8:42 AM

> > Woah! So you are saying we _can't use brigades_ in subsystems with your
> > solution? That's completely unacceptable.
>
> No, that is what Greg is saying.  In reality, using brigades in subsystems
> is just fine.  Just use the r->bb brigade instead of your own.

More to the point, accept a brigade as an input argument, and append to it.
The user doesn't need to do anything but pass ap_get_request_brigade() or some
such simple semantic, which creates a brigade if it doesn't exist, saves it
in r->bb, and returns the valid r->bb.

Your subsystem tacks on all the buckets it likes, and then gives that back to
the user.

Simple, eh?

Bill