httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Stoddard" <b...@wstoddard.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server core.c Makefile.in connection.c
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2001 01:35:18 GMT

> rbb@covalent.net wrote:
> >
> > Assuming that you do not, I plan on continuing to work on
> > this, because it is what I care about right now.
>
> Well, it *does* ought to be done..  *shrug* I personally
> do not have any investment in when we go beta, so AFAIC
> this should stay in and the beta can just wait until
> everything is stable and people are comfortable.
> --

It's in so leave it in. But I think Ken does bring up a valid point.  Jeff
and I spend a good bit of our development time fixing compile breaks, many
which are introduced by 'cosmetic' changes to the code or build environment.
In general, folks have been MUCH less disciplined about what they commit to
Apache 2.0 than what they commit to 1.3.  It's time for that to change. I
would request that you (all of us) try to compile our commits against
multiple OSes as a courtesy to the other active developers.

Bill