httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "David Reid" <dr...@jetnet.co.uk>
Subject How to link...
Date Sat, 24 Mar 2001 00:18:49 GMT
This came to light while trying to get PHP to build as a shared object for
BeOS with apache 2, but I don't think it'll be a problem unique to beos...

Basically, it won't link as beos doesn't allow undefined symbols in
libraries.  this present a problem when trying to use the brigades, filters
etc as while I can happily link in apr, apr-util and mm, I can't actually
link a library that has just the defines I need, well not without including
virtually all of apache!  It'd be useful if we had a library that we built
along with mod_so that had all the relevant pieces from apache that a module
needs from the apache code so platforms with this restriction could build.

Just something to ponder...

david