httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <ad...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Living in -r Tags
Date Sun, 25 Mar 2001 19:21:00 GMT
From: "Rodent of Unusual Size" <Ken.Coar@Golux.Com>
Sent: Sunday, March 25, 2001 8:33 AM

> "William A. Rowe, Jr." wrote:
> >
> > Bad news - apache-1.3 rotatelogs is now entirely broken, and
> > there is _no_ simple fix that I can find.
>
> What is broken about it?  Is it a platform-specific breakage?

In a way, yes.  rotatelogs.c didn't link in _any_ other modules on
win32.  Bringing in the string formatting as you did introduced all
sorts of dependencies upon dependencies.  We reimplement stat() and
strfmt() on win32, but relied on other httpd core code to do so!?!
That was the evil, not your patch.

By moving those 'os-extensions' into os.c, we make anyone using 'our'
idea of 1.3 have at those extensions by linking in ApacheOS, as the
patch does for rotatelogs.

> > Comments?  I'd not post if someone has a better fix, but if
> > noone does, this goes in on Sunday night.
>
> Hang on, pushing a bunch of stuff into os.c sounds a little
> drastic a change to be given such short notice..  Please hold
> off until there is some discussion.

Exactly.  I'm open to discussion, and I'll push this patch by a day
into Monday eve so those with issues (that won't read these posts
till they get into work) can look and comment.

> It is not like we are rolling a 1.3 release to-morrow or anything.

We aren't :-?