httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject I'd rather have bugs than this
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2001 18:36:26 GMT
Here is a typical user error, probably the most typical info request on
the ms-windows side of comp.infosystems.www.servers

I'd proposed we add a test for the matching absence or presence of trailing
slashes in all Alias and ServerAlias directives (non-regex) and emit a warning
that "Alias virtual and real path names must both include or both exclude the
trailing slash".

The language is rough, and I could live with this an an error, or a warning.

Comments?  I can have a patch over the weekend for both 1.3 and 2.0.

Bill

----- Original Message -----
From: PhatRaptor
Newsgroups: comp.infosystems.www.servers.ms-windows
Sent: Friday, March 09, 2001 12:17 PM
Subject: problems getting alias to work

I've just installed apache  1.3.19, there have been no previous installations. The only thing
I've change in the config file is the
document root. I've also added a alias line but it dosn't work, nether does the default 'icons'
one. Heres what I've added:

    Alias ff/ "C:/My Documents/Final Fantasty IX"

    <Directory "C:/My Documents/Final Fantasty IX">
        Options Indexes MultiViews
        AllowOverride None
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all