httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Brad Nicholes" <>
Subject Value of Server_rec->port always set port 80...
Date Mon, 12 Feb 2001 17:19:30 GMT
     There is a problem that seems to have resurfaced a number of times.  The problem is that
for every request, Request_rec->Server_rec->port always contains the value 80 or at
least the default port value.  It seems like all that needs to be done is assign the result

to Request_rec->Server_rec->port at the time that the Request_rec is being created.
 The part I wasn't sure of is if Request_rec->Server_rec is a pointer to a global Server_rec
data structure or a local copy of the Server_rec data.  I wouldn't want to make a change to
a global Server_rec structure that would change the port for everybody else.  But if Request_rec->Server_rec
is a pointer to a local copy that gets thrown away after the request is satisfied, then it
should be no problem.  Any comments?

View raw message