httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <sl...@finance.commerce.ubc.ca>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-proxy/doc mod_proxy.html
Date Fri, 16 Feb 2001 05:05:58 GMT
On Thu, 15 Feb 2001, Greg Stein wrote:

> You'd have to ask the docs guys what they want to do.
>
> On Thu, Feb 15, 2001 at 06:10:45AM -0500, Chuck Murcko wrote:
> > Thanks, I was wondering about that. Should I leave the links in from other
> > pages so when the proxy installs, it'll just be referenced correctly? Or
> > have the proxy install patch the links in?

Just removing the docs and leaving the links is very confusing.  I suggest
one of the following:

1. If you think there is a real possibility that mod_proxy will be back in
the tree by 2.0 release, then put a "placeholder" page in place of
mod_proxy.html that describes what is going on.

2. If you think that mod_proxy will probably live outside the tree for
this release, remove the links to mod_proxy.html and add an entry to
the "upgrading" docs describing what happened.

Joshua.