httpd-dev mailing list archives

From dean gaudet <dgaudet-list-new-ht...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/modules/generators mod_status.c
Date Mon, 26 Feb 2001 01:07:14 GMT
On Fri, 16 Feb 2001, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> Greg Stein wrote:
> >
> > The type was apr_uint32_t and the format was %ld. Those are
> > compatible.
>
> Um, do not some platforms define a 'long int' as 64 bits?

yup.

if you look at the C99 standard you'll see that stdint.h defines macros
for declaring constants of a particular size (INT8_C(), INT16_C(), ...),
and macros expanding to the right size qualifiers for printf/scanf.  (i
forget what the latter are.)

there was some effort to do this in APR ... i see in my, now many months
old, 2.0 tree that there's macros such as APR_SSIZE_T_FMT, APR_SIZE_T_FMT,
and APR_OFF_T_FMT.

the correct fix is to start defining things such as APR_UINT32_T_FMT,
APR_TIME_T_FMT, ...

-dean