httpd-dev mailing list archives

From <...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: How is this handled?
Date Wed, 28 Feb 2001 15:23:13 GMT
On Wed, 28 Feb 2001, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> Line 845, mod_dav.c [2.0 tree]
>
>         if (r->header_only) {
>             ap_send_http_header(r);
>             return DONE;
>         }

Handlers should not try to handle HEAD requests anymore.  This should go
away completely for 2.0.  Let the filters take care of the HEAD request.

> Speaking of which, what happens to ap_basic_http_header, or ap_send_http_options?
> (the later is not coded for scandoc)

Those header functions are still in a state of flux.  My goal is to
replace them all with filters that do the right thing, or to somehow make
it so that modules don't have to worry about it.  The problem is with
multiple protocols.  If mod_cgi has logic in it to respond to OPTIONS
requests by calling ap_send_http_options, then mod_cgi is useless for FTP,
because you can't create an FTP server that doesn't have the HTTP protocol
in it.

This is on my VERY short list, but I suspect that I will only be working
on this stuff a little bit this week.  I have a lot of other stuff going
on right now.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131