httpd-dev mailing list archives

From <...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: Corrupted headers with Apache2.0
Date Wed, 28 Feb 2001 15:03:48 GMT

The problem is easy to debug, but I haven't had a chance to fix it yet.
We have set the b->length field incorrectly for heap buckets.  This is
related to the bucket changes from last night.  Basically, the length used
to store how much data is in the bucket for heap buckets, regardless of
how much is allocated.  Now, it is how much is allocated + how much is
used.

This is obviously a bug.  Fix is imminent, assuming I don't get swamped as
soon as I reach the office.

Ryan

On Wed, 28 Feb 2001, Martin Kraemer wrote:

> (I recommend netcat (nc) and  "cat -v".)
>
> Yes, I can reproduce this with a snapshot of apache-2.0 from three hours
> ago. On my server (Apache/2.0.14-dev prefork), I get
> 1) garbage between the response line "HTTP/1.1 200 OK" and the first MIME header
> 2) thousands of NIL characters at the beginning of each MIME header line
>    (made visible by "cat -v" and collapsed from ^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@...
>    into a shorter "^@^@..^@^@" in the following display)
>
> Here's the command I enter, and the result I get (server running on port 8007):
>
> % echo "GET / HTTP/1.0\n" | nc localhost 8007 | cat -v | sed 's|\^@\^@\(\^@\)*\^@\^@|^@^@..^@^@|g'
> HTTP/1.1 200 OK^M
> BLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
> <HTML><HEAD>
> <TITLE>200 OK</TITLE>
> </HEAD><BODY>
> <H1>OK</H1>
> The server encountered an internal error or
> misconfiguration and was unable to complete
> your request.<P>
> Please contact the server administrator,
>  WebMaster+Apache2.0@deejai.mch.fsc.net and inform them of the time the error occurred,
> and anything you might have done that may have
> caused the error.<P>
> More information about this error may be available
> in the server error log.<P>
> <HR>
> <ADDRESS>Apache/2.0.14-dev Server at <A HREF="mailto:WebMaster+Apache2.0@deejai.mch.fsc.net">deejai2.mch.fsc.net</A>
Port 8007</ADDRESS>
> </BODY></HTML>
> ^@^@..^@^@Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 11:53:02 GMT^M
> Server: Apache/2.0.14-dev (Unix) DAV/2^M
> ^@^@..^@^@Content-Location: index.html.en^M
> Vary: negotiate,accept-language,accept-charset^M
> ^@^@..^@^@TCN: choice^M
> Last-Modified: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 02:01:20 GMT^M
> ^@^@..^@^@ETag: "1588a-51f-ce0b3c00;27dbbac0"^M
> Accept-Ranges: bytes^M
> ^@^@..^@^@Content-Length: 1311^M
> Connection: close^M
> ^@^@..^@^@Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1^M
> ^@^@..^@^@Expires: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 11:53:02 GMT^M
> ^M
> ^@^@..^@^@<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2 Final//EN">
> <HTML>
>  <HEAD>
>   <TITLE>Test Page for Apache Installation</TITLE>
>  </HEAD>
>  [...rest truncated]
>
>    Martin
> --