httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "James A. Sutherland" <ja...@cam.ac.uk>
Subject Re: over-aggressive redirection in mod_dir
Date Tue, 27 Feb 2001 12:33:25 GMT
On Tue, 27 Feb 2001, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> Dale Ghent wrote:
> >
> > Correct or not, they are equivalent.
>
> No, they are not.

Indeed - and in another way not yet mentioned...

Think about relative links. If I request "/foo/help.html", and then click
on a link to "rtfm.html" on that page, I am requesting "/foo/rtfm.html".

Now I'll try "/foo/", and do the same. Again, I'm requesting
"/foo/rtfm.html". OK?

Now think about "/foo" - logically, clicking on "rtfm.html" on THAT URL's
HTML would be a request for "/rtfm.html". Oops.

James.