httpd-dev mailing list archives

From <...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: [Patch]: Make mod_include pass large files in chunks
Date Tue, 27 Feb 2001 16:07:20 GMT
On Tue, 27 Feb 2001, Paul J. Reder wrote:

> "Paul J. Reder" wrote:
> >
> > This patch makes mod_include pass AP_MIN_BYTES_TO_WRITE (9000) byte chunks
> > for SSI files with lots of intervening non-SSI bytes. This should prevent
> > a large file from being buffered in memory, and should allow the nice user
> > to start seeing something sooner.
> >

> This patch seemed to be important when it was requested two weeks ago.
> I submitted it a week ago and have seen no mention. Is this patch still useful?
> It now looks like I am going to have to port it again due to patches committed
> in the interim (as usual for my patches).
>
> Are there any problems with my patch?

Paul, your patch is important, and I actually had just enough time to
apply the patch before other stuff came up and I had to do other work.  It
is on my list of things to do, if nobody gets to it first, and don't worry
about porting it, as long as it is on my list, I'll port it when I get
around to testing/applying it.  There are many patches that have spent
months in the pipeline before they were applied, so one week is not that
bad.  I think we are all working very hard on applying patches as they
come in, but it is tough to keep up with the Apache work, other
responsabilities at work, all the e-mail this list generates, and a
personal life.  Please be patient, the patch will be applied in time.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131