httpd-dev mailing list archives

From <...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: Is it possible to send a CVS update mail
Date Tue, 27 Feb 2001 15:58:02 GMT
On Tue, 27 Feb 2001, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> [...]

Actually, why don't we simplify this a bit more.  I have been meaning to
finish the httpd_rolling script for a while, but I haven't had time.  It
should be easy to add a few steps to the beginning, something like:

cvs co httpd-2.0
cd httpd-2.0
( cd srclib;cvs co apr apr-util )
( update_release.sh )
cvs tag $TAG
echo "Tree tagged with $TAG" | sendmail -s "httpd-2.0 tagged" \
      new-httpd@apache.org

The only hard part of this is writing update_release.sh.  It will have to
edit ap_release.h, and remove the -dev from the BASERELEASE macro, and do
the same thing in CHANGES.  Then, at the end of the build process, we will
need another script that goes in and bumps the number by 1 and adds -dev
back in.

It's on my list of things to do, but it's not very high.  Expect it this
weekend at the earliest, unless somebody beats me to it.

BTW, this makes the release process:

	~/httpd-site/httpd_roll_release TAG logfile [user (for signing
purposes)]
	chmod and chown httpd_2.0*   ( can't remember permissions right
now)
	cp httpd_2.0* /www/dev.apache.org/dist

Those bottom two lines could go away too, incredibly easily, but I dislike
the idea of having a script posting stuff to our dist directory.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131