httpd-dev mailing list archives

From <...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: over-aggressive redirection in mod_dir
Date Sun, 25 Feb 2001 20:04:02 GMT
On Sun, 25 Feb 2001, Bill Stoddard wrote:

> > And therein lies the biggest dilemma of all... do you follow the RFC's or
> > fix a Microsoft bug... my vote... follow the RFC's and comment the lines
> > where the patch needs to go and then show them what the patch is.
> >
> > You now have achieved two critical things...
> >
> > 1. Followed the RFC's
> > 2. Supported the customer which in turn will get them to continue using the
> > product.
> >
> > A win win for the ASF, which can only be a good thing.
> >

> I have to agree. Regressing function that once worked, is usually a bad idea.

Ummmm, This message is suggesting regressing function that once worked.
This message says, break WebFolders, but tell people how to fix it, since
we would finally be following the spec.  What we have right now, is a bit
broken, but it doesn't break WebFolders.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131