httpd-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From <>
Subject can we decide on ap_r* finally?
Date Wed, 21 Feb 2001 10:55:57 GMT

So far, there have been multiple conversations about how to finish the
ap_r* patch, but nothing has come of it.  I have a series of patches I
REALLY want to apply, but there is some disagreement on the best way to

There are basically two options for how we proceed.

1)  Fix OLD_WRITE_FILTER so that it uses the ap_f* functions.
2)  Remove OLD_WRITE_FILTER, and replace the ap_r* functions with macros
that map to ap_f*.

Each model has advantages and disadvantages that have been covered in
great depth. I will cover them again if anybody would like me to (as
impartially as I can).  We have  heard from Greg, OtherBill, and myself,
and have two votes for #2, and one for #1.

Would some other people review this and please send opinions/votes.  As I
see it we are in a stalemate, which doesn't do any of us any good.  I have
a couple of ideas as to how to break the stalemate.  This message is the
first.  If this doesn't work, then I would suggest that we come up with
some objective measurements, such as performance, and make the decision
based on those measurements.

Ryan Bloom               
406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131

View raw message