httpd-dev mailing list archives

From <...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: socket_read?
Date Mon, 19 Feb 2001 10:38:57 GMT

I realize this doesn't make much sense, but there was a definite reason
for doing this.  I don't remember what it was off the top of my head, and
I'm trying to stay off the computer this weekend.  If this isn't answered
Tuesday norning, I'll give a more complete answer.

Ryan

On Sat, 17 Feb 2001, Ben Laurie wrote:

> the end of socket_read (in apr-util/buckets/apr_buckets_socket.c) looks
> like this:
>
>     if (*len > 0) {
>         b = apr_bucket_socket_create(p);
> 	APR_BUCKET_INSERT_AFTER(a, b);
>     }
>     else if (rv == APR_EOF && block == APR_NONBLOCK_READ) {
>         return APR_EOF;
>     }
>     return APR_SUCCESS;
> }
>
> why the test for APR_NONBLOCK_READ? Surely an EOF is an EOF, whatever
> mode you are in? Shouldn't it just return APR_EOF if rv == APR_EOF,
> regardless of mode?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ben.
>
> --
> http://www.apache-ssl.org/ben.html
>
> "There is no limit to what a man can do or how far he can go if he
> doesn't mind who gets the credit." - Robert Woodruff

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131