httpd-dev mailing list archives

Subject Re: httpd-2_0_11-alpha.tar.*
Date Fri, 16 Feb 2001 19:09:42 GMT
On Fri, 16 Feb 2001, Greg Ames wrote:

> wrote:
> >
> > I would like to move these to, and continue to call
> > them an alpha.  I believe at this point, we have very high quality code
> > that could be called a beta.  However, we know that there are 2 bugs in
> > this tarball, so it is really an alpha release.
> >
> > 1)  mod_status seg faults
> Actually, I think the seg faults were introduced *after* the tag, i.e, I
> think mod_status is OK in the tarball.  I can check the tarball in a bit
> to be sure, if it matters.  If 2) was the only know bug, would that
> change the status of the current tarball?

You are correct the seg fault did go in after the tag.

> > 2)  mod_include doesn't work on systems without MMAP.
> >
> > I would like to do the MPM rename and APR-ization, today,
> +1 on the rename, please measure before commiting the APR-ization.
> Remember ab. (I'm open to pleasant surprises though.)

ab is a very different case here.  ab's performance issues are because
poll in APR is horrible, unless you use the select emulation.  The
threading libraries either a) don't have performance issues, or b) do have
issues, and they should be fixed.

Either way, Apache should be using APR's threads.  If there are
performance issues, then fix them, don't avoid them.

Ryan Bloom
406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131

View raw message