httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server/mpm/perchild config.m4
Date Fri, 16 Feb 2001 06:00:51 GMT
On 16 Feb 2001 rbb@apache.org wrote:

> rbb         01/02/15 21:53:41
>
>   Modified:    server/mpm/mpmt_pthread config.m4
>                server/mpm/perchild config.m4
>   Log:
>   Remove all instances of apache_apr_flags="--enable-threads" from the
>   config.m4 files.  If we leave those in, then Apache automatically
>   enables threads for all machines when a threaded MPM is chosen.  We want
>   people to have to force threads for platforms that don't run threads
>   well (i.e. FreeBSD).

This doesn't work as well as I would like it to, because mpmt_pthread and
dexter are using pthreads instead of APR threads.  If we were using APR
threads, we would get all sorts of compile time errors.  Since we are
using pthreads, and Apache detects threads on the system, we setup
everything correctly.  The best answer I can come up with is to use APR
threads in our MPMs, which should make us error out when a threaded MPM is
chosen without threads in APR.

That work will have to wait for a few days/weeks, but it should be noted,
so I will be putting a note in STATUS right now.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131