httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: Can I take down apache.org?
Date Fri, 16 Feb 2001 04:31:14 GMT
On Fri, 16 Feb 2001, Brian Havard wrote:

> >>Could you put those files someplace?  I have been using FAQ.html to test
> >>the server, and everything works.  It looks like you have a better test.
>
> Ooops, scratch that, I was testing with the wrong file :(
> I'd guess the problem is in the filtering somewhere. Try
>
> http://kheldar.apana.org.au/50k.txt
> http://kheldar.apana.org.au/50k.shtml
>
> both files have the same contents but only the latter gets parsed. No SSI
> tags, just 1k long lines starting with their line number & space padded.
>
> This is running HEAD as of about an hour ago, including the removal of the
> coalesce filter which made no difference.

I just requested this file on my server running Linux, through the
mod_include filter, without thd problem that I see when I request the page
from your machine.

What confuses me, is that it doesn't look like this is a problem with
sendfile on your machine, because it works without the filter.  I haven't
got a clue what is going on, but it looks like it is OS/2 specific.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131