httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/modules/http http_core.c
Date Fri, 16 Feb 2001 00:32:57 GMT
On Thu, 15 Feb 2001, Greg Stein wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 15, 2001 at 11:07:44PM -0000, rbb@apache.org wrote:
> > rbb         01/02/15 15:07:44
> >
> >   Modified:    modules/http http_core.c
> >   Log:
> >   Remove the coalesce filter.  With the addition of the ap_f* functions,
> >   this filter is no longer necessary.
>
> Didn't somebody say they wanted this? Or was that you :-)

We absolutely needed this until a filter could coalesce for
itself.  We tried to remove this when all we had was the OLD_WRITE filter,
so filters couldn't coalesce without adding their own logic.  With the
ap_f* functions, filters can buffer without the coalesce filter.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131