httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: code re-org
Date Fri, 16 Feb 2001 00:01:38 GMT

This is actually MUCH larger than I had originally thought.  It turns out
that we have all sorts of stuff in modules/http that really belongs in the
core.  For example, all of the hooks in the http_request and http_protocol
files really belong in the core.  Plus, all the ap_r* functions belong in
the core, because we are dealing with writing to a request.

I am going to write all this up and send a simple message that details
what I want to do to re-organize the code to make the flow a bit more
clear.

The document itself could easily take me a couple of days, so I expect
that the document will come sometime next week, and the code changes will
commence not long after.

Ryan

On Thu, 15 Feb 2001, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> Ryan,
>
>   if you _really_ want to do the 'Right Thing'(R) then I'd suggest creating
> a core_fs file for filesystem directives (Directory), while you are at it :-)
>
> Bill

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131