httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: Rolling tomorrow, conditionally.
Date Sat, 10 Feb 2001 23:54:21 GMT
On Sat, 10 Feb 2001, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> Greg Stein wrote:
> >
> > Why not tag and roll, despite BeOS? A lot of people can still
> > test any tarball that is provided.
>
> Indeed; that is what I understood to be one of the points
> Roy was trying to make.  Rolling happens at relatively
> quiet points in the development (i.e., when not a lot of
> commits are happening), not when everything works.

According to what Roy has said in the past, it is to roll when the RM
believes everything is working.  Roy's model also has the tag and roll
being a simple thing, which although the script makes it easier, it isn't
quite simple yet.  Until this is a single command, rolling every week is
still time consuming.  We are making progress on being able to roll
quickly and easily, but we aren't there just yet.  Roy's model depends on
that working before anything else.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131